COVID-19 Update as at 23 March – ALL MASSES SUSPENDED
Update on Covid-19 Restrictions affecting our parishes
These are certainly unimaginable times but hopefully, with due care, we can keep ourselves, our families, and our communities healthy.
We have been notified by Archbishop Coleridge that all the public celebrations of the mass and sacraments are suspended until further notice.
Effective March 23rd noon, all our parish churches will be closed. The weekly newsletter will not be published.
The parish office will be closed for two weeks for face to face visits however telephone contact can be made during office hours.
These hours and circumstances will be re-evaluated and are subject to change following the recommendations of Archdiocese and Government bodies.
I will try to get as much information out to you as possible on our parish website.
Here are a few things that you can do:
- First and foremost, PRAY.
- If you are at home, think about praying as a family, praying the rosary. Praying before meals. Say a Novena!
- Read the Gospels.
- Read the lives of the Saints.
- Call a friend or neighbour and have a chat. (Keep it positive)
- Exercise! Have you tried praying while exercising?
- Send prayer requests to me and I will pray for you.
Praying for you everyday!
Fr. Nigel Sequeira
‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’
Parishioners and Readers, please refer to the masses listed below EFFECTIVE as at 20 March 2020, please note:
Weekday masses will continue as follows:
St. William’s, Grovely:
Wednesday – Adoration 6.00pm followed by Mass at 7.00pm
Thursday – Mass at 9.00am
Saturday – Mass at 7.00am
Our Lady of Dolours, Mitchelton:
Monday – 8.30am
Tuesday – 8.30am
Friday – 8.30am
Sacred Heart, Samford
Thursday – Liturgy of the Word 6.00pm
Further information for parishioners as follows:
- The newsletter will continue to be published. It will be available on the parish website and copies will be left in St. William’s Church
- St. William’s Church will be open for private prayer and reflection during parish office hours – Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 4.00pm
- The rosary will continue to be prayed in people’s homes. Details of which home will host the praying of the rosary will continue to be published in the newsletter.
- All Prayer Groups are suspended at present
- There will be Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Sunday from 6.30am to 10.00am.
- Stations of the Cross will continue every Friday at 7.00pm at St. Williams and every second Friday after the 8.30am Mass at Our Lady of Dolours.